Starting Thursday, March 26th, PMC will not be permitting any clients to enter the facility directly.
To minimize client’s and staff member’s likelihood of exposure, we now offer curbside pick up and drop off for all appointments.
When you arrive at PMC, please call 509-545-4931 (option One) and inform the staff of your name and pet’s name and what you are here for (an appointment vs. medication refill). Please also let them know the make/color of your car.
For standard exams/appointments:
Please remain in your vehicle and follow protocols from above and below. NOTE: please make sure we have a good phone number to contact you while your pet is in the building. Also, please hold all major questions until you receive a phone call from the medical team.
- A staff member will come out to your vehicle when we are ready for your pet
- We request you meet the staff member outside of your vehicle with your pet leashed or in a carrier
- We will place a PMC leash (if a dog)
- We will then take the pet into the building for their exam/treatments
- Please remain in your vehicle in the parking lot during this time
- A staff member will contact you on the number provided to discuss any concerns, diagnostics, treatments, estimates, medications, or other information from the appointment
- We will collect payment over the phone
- At the end of the appointment a staff member will return your pet directly to your car with a receipt to sign, and any medications or discharge instructions needed
In accordance with the Executive Order by Governor Inslee, and to conserve medical supplies for our human health care workers, PMC will be not scheduling any non-essential appointments until at least April 18, 2020. This date may be extended depending on the health crisis situation.
Non-essential appointments are defined as:
- Annual Wellness exams that do not require vaccinations
- Most Elective Surgical Procedures (including spays and neuters)
- Nail Trims/Anal Gland Expressions
- Health Certificate Exams for travel
Essential appointments are defined as:
- Non-elective surgeries (treated on a case-by-case basis)
- Sick/Injured pet appointments
- Most vaccination appointments for existing patients
- Bandage Changes
- Suture Removals
- Quality of life/end of life appointments
The following additional operational adjustments are now in effect
PMC will be closing at 6PM Monday through Friday at least through April 10. Any pets needing immediate assistance during this closure should seek treatment at an emergency hospital. This closure may be extended.
We will be limiting medication refills to 1 month supplies
Exempt: Heart worm medication and flea/tick medication
We will only be accepting payment in the form of credit card or CareCredit. We will NOT be accepting checks, or offering financing. Cash as a form of payment is discouraged at this time whenever possible.